The primary function of the personnel committee is to assist the church in matters related to employed personnel administration. The committee is responsible for support staff (non-clergy) in employment procedures, personnel policies, the development of job descriptions, and staff development.
The personnel committee is accountable to the Pastors and will assist in interviewing prospective employees and recommending qualified people for various positions throughout the church. The personnel committee has the following duties:
- Survey the need for church staff positions;
- Prepare and update as necessary job descriptions for ALL employed personnel (paid and non-paid);
- Prepare and maintain an organizational manual relating the church's employed personnel;
- Recruit, interview, and recommend to the church new personnel; and
- Develop and recommend policies and procedures to the church for employed personnel administration.